Monday, July 11, 2011

Cheating Schools

Incredible post by a teacher explaining why and how his school cheated.  Great level of detail.  Read it.  Given the situation in Atlanta and in other cities across the country, this is a timely discussion.

At an old school I worked at, one self-contained teacher told me that during our state test she stopped her students, explained how to do a problem, and then let them continue working.  It was the sort of thing where I almost didn't believe her because even if someone is inclined to cheat, I can't understand at all why you would mention it to coworkers.  It was truly bizarre.  I have no doubt that this type of thing happens more than we expect.

If it's happened to you, or at your school, I would be interested in hearing a comment from you.  I suspect other readers would be as well.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to my article. I think we need to get the word out there that what happened in Atlanta is not an isolated incident, and is in fact being replicated all over the world, in response to the standardized testing craze.

    ReplyDelete