Friday, July 15, 2011

Food Vendors on the Streets of New York City

The number of people who blog about their experience in education/politics/nonprofits/whatever is huge.  And it's a bit boring.  I want to infuse my blog with something more amusing every now and then.  This is the first time I'm doing so, but I hope to have a similar post covering something amusing once or twice a week.  You can find them by searching the tag "extracurriculars" below.  As an aside, feel free to subscribe to my blog and get updates whenever there's a new post.  Follow me on Twitter - my most recent Tweets should be on the top right of this page.  And finally, if you'd like to write a guest post, leave a comment or send me an email.

Zach Brooks writes in the New York Times about the proliferation of street vendors in Midtown Manhattan and the recent push to clean up what has become a very disorganized industry (I use that term quite loosely).  His regular website is here, and if you're from New York, you'll know exactly what he's talking about.  If you've visited, you'll get to learn more, and if you've never been, you'll have a small idea of the many things you're missing.  What's great about New York is that if you feel the need to spend $500 on dinner, there are places for that (some that I know of, none that I've been to), and if you feel the need to spend $5 on dinner, there are places for that (this is more in my wheelhouse).  As ashamed as I am to admit it, I love the roasted nuts (the ones you can get from basically any vendor) and what must be one of many kebab vendors on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn.  Food recommendations are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment